Window Warranty UK Limited recognises the importance of protecting the personal information and the privacy of data provided by you (and that which may personally identify you).
- Visitors to or websites;
- People who use our services – those who request a quotation or purchase from us;
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- If you enter your personal details on our website, we’ll ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers (mobile and landline) and email address.
- As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations, emails and text) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
Visitors to our website
Each time you visit our website we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
People who use our services
Window Warranty UK Limited carry our repairs and maintenance to windows, doors, conservatories and other related products to consumers. We must hold the details of the customers who have requested our services, in order to provide these services. To deliver services under the guarantees we also offer, we will need to retain some personal information of customers for the period of the guarantee and any subsequent period during which there might be any liability. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for other closely related purposes. For example, we might use information about people who have requested a quotation to find out if they are happy with the level of service they received or to offer additional products and services via telephone. When people do not wish to subscribe to our services, they can cancel their subscription at any time and are given an easy way of doing this by e mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Head Office address: 6 Lidun Park, Boundary Road, Lytham St. Annes Lancashire. FY8 5HU).
During the processing and completion of contracts it may be sometimes necessary to pass contact details of customers to third parties to facilitate the delivery of services. Examples of when this would be done are when scaffolding is required, the delivery of materials to site and may be necessary to process queries or complaints. We pass details of any new installations to FENSA Ltd who register the work with each Local Authority as appropriate. The FENSA registration and Insurance Backed Guarantee processes are necessary and required for compliance purposes following the installation of some of our products.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to process orders which you place for goods or services from us;
- to allow our advisers, agents and sales representatives to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text or mail, as part of our customer care procedure;
- to help us to improve our products and services;
- to enable us to occasionally contact you for market research purposes;
- to enable us to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer our websites;
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- to facilitate our internal record keeping;
- to enable you to participate in our promotions;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to prepare before and after photographs of services completed to your property to use for marketing purposes;
- to monitor your interactions with us and our brand online, if you contact us on social media, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for market research and for planning future marketing campaigns;
- to provide relevant goods or services to you or your employer (including, to confirm and process orders, for administration of your account with us, customer loans, tax and export, billing and debt collection purposes (where applicable);
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our goods and services, including any questions you may have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- for health and safety and quality assurance;
- to contact you (including by email or post) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this;
- to identify and implement business efficiencies and for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for our business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development;
- to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so
When deemed appropriate, we will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
The legal basis for processing your personal information
The law on data protection sets out several different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data.
The legal basis we rely upon for collecting and processing your data will depend on the circumstances in which it is being collected and processed. It will usually fall into one of the following:
- where it is necessary to process the data to complete a contract of works with you;
- where you have consented for us to use your data in a certain way
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
On occasion when we process an enquiry or an order we may have to give some personal information to third parties companies to deal with. We always endeavour to ensure these third-party companies have the same level of data protection as we do.
When necessary we may share you details with other third-party companies (not already mentioned in previous sections) such as:
- legal and regulatory authorities, accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; and
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do for the day to day running of our business
We will protect the processing of your information by using data protection agreements where appropriate after we have ensured the disclosure is legally compliant.
Third parties who we share your personal information with are limited by law to only use your information for purposes that are outlined by us.
We will never sell or pass on your personal information to any third party for their own marketing campaigns, without notifying you and gaining your permission to do so. If you do consent but change your mind at a later date you should contact us and inform us and we will stop doing so.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE KEPT FOR?
Your data we collect, and process will only be kept by us for as long as it is necessary for the purpose in which it was obtained.
The information you provide to us for a quotation will be kept for a period of 6 months to enable us to complete all necessary enquiries to provide an accurate quotation.
Any information provided to us in relation to an order for services or products will be kept for us to complete all works we are contracted to complete and will be kept on file for the guarantee period of the contract, which will not exceed a period of 10 years under our Legitimate Interest.
At the end of the retention period, your data will either be electronically deleted and all paper records will be destroyed compliantly.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. They will generally not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information
- You can ask for access to your information
- You can ask to correct your information if it’s wrong
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information
- You can ask us to help you move your information to other companies
- To help with that, you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information, but only in certain cases
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority
QUESTIONS & COMPLAINTS
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights. Please e-mail us on email@example.com – or write to us at to Window Warranty UK Limited, 6 Lidun Park Boundary Road Lytham St.Annes Lancashire. FY8 5HU
We will attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information as quickly as possible.
If you are not satisfied with the response from Window Warranty UK Limited, you can contact the local Information Commissioner or ICO